Our commitment to you:
- Access to care in a safe and secure environment free from any type of discrimination on the basis of age, race, gender, marital status, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or family status.
- Considerate and respectful care that will enhance your comfort.
- Protection of privacy and confidentiality of information related to medical care at all times.
- Clear and concise explanation of your condition, proposed treatments, expected recuperation and the likelihood of success of treatments or procedures.
- Willingness to let you and your family take the lead in decision making regarding your care and treatment.
- Attentive courteous responses to any concerns you or your family may have.
- In the event of you developing a serious complication, transfer to an approved tertiary hospital will be arranged.
- Provision of respectful and compassionate end of life care.
We request the following from you:
- Attend Oakpark Medical Centre at your appointment time and please bring any relevant information with you that may have been given to you by an outisde doctor/consultant/HSE official etc.
- If you are unable to attend for your appointment, please notify us as early as possible allowing us the opportunity to give that appointment to a patient who needs it.
- From time to time, you may need to convey a message to you GP via the reception staff. They have been instructed to ask you for the details of your query and are trained to treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality. We ask that you please co-operate with them.
- In order to determine appropriate care, you will be asked to provide information to our healthcare staff. Please answer as fully and honestly as possible.
- Inform your GP/Nurse of any treatment you are receiving or any medication you are already taking.
- Treat staff, fellow patients, carers and visitors politely and with respect. Violence, racial, sexual or verbal harassment is not accepted here.
- Observe our building's "No Smoking Policy".
- Help us maintain high standards of safety, hygiene and tidiness in the practice. If you notice that an area is not up to par, please bring it to the attention of our staff.